The future of George Brown College presents a range of exciting possibilities as we prepare students for a world of constant change—as economic transformations, climate change, urbanization and disruptive technologies continue to shake up established industries.
We've formulated a long-term perspective and vision that will guide us toward the George Brown College of 2030, and, at the same time, ensure that we deliver on the strategy to take us to 2022.
What we do
We turn learning into opportunity.
How we do it
We create the optimal conditions for learners to realize their success by offering an exceptional learning ecosystem.
The impact we have
Empowered lifelong learners who imagine possibilities and embrace change.
Accelerating Strategy 2022
Find out how we’re moving our plans for the future forward when it comes to industry partnerships, student services, and teaching and learning.
The Partnerships Syndicate
Project RiSE - Student Services
Teaching & Learning Exchange 2.0
How is George Brown College ensuring that faculty have the training they need to stay current and relevant? Nicki Monahan, Professor, Faculty Facilitator outlines Teaching and Learning Exchange 2.0.
The George Brown of 2030 is bold and transformed. It is:
- Highly personalized
- Physical, digital and experiential
- Focused on lifelong learning
- Connected to industry and community partners
- Locally strong, globally connected
LISTEN TO WORK SHIFT
Work Shift is our podcast that explores how automation, A.I., sustainability, globalization and now COVID-19 will transform the workplace of the future.
2022 Strategic Commitments & Priorities
Deliver learning experiences that prepare learners for future and global skills.
- Embed the human skills framework across the learning experience.
- Advance and expand accessible and high-quality experiential learning.
- Enhance cultural sensitivities and capabilities (internationalization) of the learner and employee experience.
Build interconnected partnerships with institutions, industry & community.
- Develop partnerships with employers and industry to increase career relevancy for learners through co-creation and collaboration.
- Increase impact with enhanced industry-led research and innovation.
- Build expansive lifelong learning ecosystem with new and emerging academic and institutional partnerships.
NEW WAYS OF TEACHING & LEARNING
Raise the standard of the learner experience and expand the variety of delivery models.
- Optimize the learner's blended learning experience (digital, physical, experiential) with next-generation teaching and learning methods.
- Build personalized models for learning experiences.
- Explore and test new delivery models and revenue generating opportunities.
FOUNDATIONS FOR SUCCESS
Focus on fundamentals to help anticipate, absorb and manage change.
- HUMAN CENTRED. Utilize the expertise of our people, emphasizing innovation capabilities and improving digital fluency.
- DIGITAL. Enhance data-driven decision making with analytics and introduce digital innovations to optimize how we work, teach and learn.
- INDIGENIZATION. Deliver on Colleges and Institutes Canada's Indigenous education protocols and implement a framework for action and accountability.
- SUSTAINABILITY. Develop behaviours, actions and policies that lead to environmental, financial and social sustainability.
- OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE. Deliver continuous improvements and streamlined processes, and address infrastructure gaps to reflect new realities and empower our teams.
George Brown’s Strategy and Planning team leads the collaborative work that underpins our common goal to turn learning into opportunity. The team strives to provide high quality insights, analysis and project support to the College community, and fulfills this by focusing its mandate on three functional areas of focus: institutional research, strategic planning, and strategic project portfolio management. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org