1. From an Internet browser navigate, and log in, to George Brown's self-serve password utility.
a) In the browser address bar enter: https://service.georgebrown.ca.
If a security warning is displayed, click on Continue to this website.
b) Log in using your personal User ID (i.e. your student or employee number) and Password (for staff, this is the password you received through a College Alert email; for students, the password you received in the
c) Click Login.
Please note that after 5 consecutive failed login attempts, the system displays a dialog box stating that your account is suspended. The system sends an email message containing your password to the email account registered in Banner (staff) or Stu-View
If you have not registered an email address, contact the following for assistance with unlocking your account:
- Staff (including staff with a locked out student User ID) : call the Contact Centre (ext. 2000)
- Students: visit a Student Service Centre or call the Contact Centre (ext. 2000)
2. Your Password Expiredpageis displayed. You must now change your password.
a) Enter your current password in the Current Tivoli Identity Management password field.
b) Click on Review the criteria for my new password.
c) Enter an identical new password in both the New password and New password (confirm) fields.
d) Click OK.
The current criteria foran acceptablepassword are set out in the screen print below. This means that your password:
- must be at least 6 characters, but no longer than 20 characters
- must begin with a letter (i.e. A, B, C … Z; or a, b, c … z)
- must contain only letters (upper- and lower-case) and numbers (i.e. A, B, C … Z; a, b, c … z; or 0, 1, 2 ... 9)
- must contain at least 1 upper-case letter (i.e. A, B, C … Z) , 1 lower-case letter (i.e. a, b, c … z) , and 1 number (i.e. 0, 1, 2 ... 9)
- cannot use a character more than twice in a row (e.g. aa, ZZ, 77)
- cannot be repeated if used recently either in backwards or forwards forms (e.g. if one of your previous 3 passwords was bRo5wn, you cannot use either bRo5wn or nw5oRb)
Some examples of valid passwords:
The password change is typically complete within a few seconds, but may take up to a minute.
3. The Forgotten Password Information page is displayed.
a) Enter answers to any 5 of the 10 question choices. (Please note that no spelling or other verification checks are performed on your answers.)
b) Click OK.
4. The Request Completed page is displayed. (At this point you may wish toprint or copy your answers for future reference.)
Click Logoff to exit.
5. A dialog box confirms that your User ID is logged off.
For your security, we recommend that you exit from your Internet browser at this point, and start a new browser if Internet access is required.
You may return to the self-serve password utility at any time, to change your password or to change your challenge questions and answers.