To login to the George Brown Blackboard Learn system type bb-gbc.blackboard.com into your browser.
Enter your username and password and then click on the "Login" button.
Use your Stu-View username and password to login to Blackboard. If you’re unable to login to Blackboard, please reset your password.
Password doesn’t Work. What should I do?
- Go to online self-serve website service.georgebrown.ca
- Call Contact Centre 416 415 2000
- Call Helpdesk 416 415 5000 x 4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at any of the LLC (Library) service locations
- Call the Contact Center at 416–415–2000
Monday to Thursday, 8:00 am – 6:30 pm, Fridays, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Visit either the Library Learning Commons or Student Services located at your campus with a valid student ID card
Missing Course(s) in my Blackboard:
If your course list does not look correct please check the following:
- Log in to Stu-view and confirm that you are registered in the missing CRN(s) (course reference number) and that you do not have any academic or financial holds. If you are registered properly and there are no holds on your account, here are some possible solutions:
- Your course might be cross listed. Cross listing is an option available to instructors so that they can merge several similar sections into one course. If your class is cross listed it may be displayed having an XLIST tag at the start of it with no CRN listed. (i.e. XLIST201201 Simpson MARK1020).
- You recently enrolled into the section. Blackboard enrolment runs nightly, Monday to Friday at Midnight. Therefore if you had recently enrolled into a course outside of this routine, you will not see it until the next corresponding Blackboard update.
Why can I not see grades in my Blackboard?
Your instructor may have not added the grades to your course or he/she may need to enable the grading tool in the course for students. Please contact him/her directly regarding your grades.
Add a module to your My Blackboard page called Report card which allows you to view your grades.
To add this tool, click on Add Module at the top left corner of your My Blackboard page, scroll down to Report card, click Add, scroll down and click Add. The Report module will be added to the bottom left side of your My Blackboard page and it will display all available grades in all of your courses.
I’m not receiving my teacher’s Emails or Message in my Blackboard. What should I do?
First go to Sut-view and find out your email address.
To access to your email, go to https://mail.georgebrown.ca/ the email password is the same as your stu-view password.
If the teacher uses the Messages tool in your course, you will need to log in and access the course to see the emails within the course.
When I click on my course, I do not see any content. It says there are no available items in this course. What does this mean?
It means the instructor has not added any content to the course or the content has not been made available to students. If you were told that there would be content in the course, please contact your teacher directly and let him/her know that you cannot see the content.
When I click on my course it says “The target page cannot be opened within the content frame due to security reasons. Click the link below to open the page in a new window.” What should I do?
This message means there is an external link blocking the content in your course. Please email us at email@example.com or call 416-415-5000 ext. 2285 Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
When emailing us or leaving us a phone message, please include the course title and CRN and contact information so that we can get back to you.
I was not able to complete my online test due to personal computer issue or internet connectivity. What should I do?
Please contact your instructor directly. He/she will be able to check your attempt and discuss further solution with you.