The Community Partnerships Office (CPO) is dedicated to cultivating and stewarding partnerships that build a knowledgeable, skilled workforce for the future and provide access to post-secondary education for non-traditional students.
Achieving community and economic development through education for the sustained growth of individuals and communities. Delivering on the promise of engagement, opportunities, solutions, and strategic models that inform system change. Together, we strengthen individuals and communities through education.
Leading large scale, collaborative initiatives with multiple partners to provide pathways to post-secondary futures. Our College, community, and industry partners, work with us to implement innovative projects.
CREATE INNOVATIVE PARTNERSHIPS
- Expand the college's community partnerships through creative and customized programming
- Build and maintain partnerships to help employers access the workforce skills they need to complete
PROVIDE EQUITABLE ACCESS
- Engage employers and attract students through innovative programs that create opportunities in post-secondary-education and pathways into fulfilling careers
- Empower individuals, employers, and communities to realize their potential
- Conduct evidence-based research which contributes to the college's role as a knowledge centre and a community asset
- Contribute to public dialogue and policy reform on workforce development, education, and community development
THE COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS OFFICE (CPO):
- Develops unique partnerships
- Supports the College's core educational mission
- Increases access to Post-Secondary education for a wide range of students
- Works with multiple external and internal partners to develop and deliver innovative projects
- Is rooted in the College's mandate
Focuses on growth and expansion in the areas of student success and access to education with new and existing partners. This work is realized with many minds working collectively to formulate ideas and responses that generate access and opportunity.
- Provides broader access and student success programming to George Brown College learners, particularly those from under-represented groups
- Advances the social and economic development of Toronto Communities through the creation and delivery of projects and programs that focus on advancing the skills and career opportunities of students in partnership with George Brown College academic centres, community, and industry partners.