NOTICE - June 14-18, 2021 - Due to the systems outage at GBC - to connect with a career services rep, please visit our temporary Virtual Front Desk (Career Services).
While the college remains closed to ensure the health and safety of our community during COVID-19, all in-person Career Services on campus are closed until further notice.
- Visit our Virtual Career Centre Community on Blackboard to speak with a person, stay up to date on our upcoming webinars, online events, access resources and past webinars, and receive drop-in peer career support. Click here for instructions on how to enrol.
- Website is accessible 24/7
- Virtual support available
- Peer support services available
Question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us (M-F 9:00 am – 4:00pm) 416-415-5000 ext. 5301
From career workshops to an online job board to individual consultations with an advisor, Career Services is here to help you succeed wherever you may be in your career or academic journey!
PEER SUPPORT COACHING
Career Peer Coaches (CPCs) are available to assist you with your career journey! CPCs can support you with your resume, cover letter, basic job search strategies, reviewing your Linkedin profile, and interview prep!
Connect with a Career Peer Coach
- Drop In Support: Monday – Friday 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. drop in and speak to the Virtual Career Centre Front Desk on Blackboard (you need to be logged in) to be connected with a Career Peer Coach for on the spot support.
- Book a Virtual Appointment: Need to plan ahead? Book an appointment with a Career Peer Coach through GBCareers under ‘Career Advising’. Appointments are 30 minutes in length.
Already met with a Career Peer Coach and need more support? Career Advisors can help you to explore and identify your career interests, create a personalized networking and job search plan, develop your personal branding, and have a mock interview in preparation for job interviews.
Connect with a Career Advisor
For the full list of career advising support and/or to book an appointment with an advisor, go to GBCareers.
To see who your specialized Career Advisor is for your program, visit the Career Advising page.
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
MORE CAREER SERVICES
JOB POSTINGS & EMPLOYER EVENTS
Career Services offers numerous opportunities to access employment opportunities through our online job-posting system, and connect with employers through as career fairs, networking events and information sessions.
GEORGE BROWN CONNECT CAFÉ!
Connect with students, alumni and employer partners as part of the George Brown Connect Café. George Brown College has recently partnered with Ten Thousand Coffees to connect you with the GBC community to meet up for career conversations, in-person or online.
The Career Centre is your best resource for information on building your career. Drop by to access online information, books, magazines and other useful print material. You can also find information on volunteering and working abroad.