The College would like to celebrate your achievement with an in-person Convocation ceremony. Ceremonies will take place from June 12–16, 2023. Please check back for updates as the information below may change.
- Confirm the time and date of your graduate's ceremony.
- Plan to arrive at least ½ hour prior to the ceremony start time.
- You will not be admitted without your tickets.
- There are seats reserved for graduates. Please do not occupy the seats marked as "reserved".
- Grads and guests should plan to stay for the entire convocation, approximately 2 hours in duration.
- If you are unable to attend the ceremony, it can be viewed live on George Brown's website on the Convocation page.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR GRADUATES & GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES
- Meridian Hall is wheelchair accessible. Each ceremony will be close-captioned & have ASL interpreters.
- Any further accommodation requests can be submitted by the graduate by completing the information on the RSVP form or emailing email@example.com
- At the ceremony, staff members will be there to assist you. Please report to the Customer Service Kiosk upon arrival at Meridian Hall.
LOCATION & PARKING - PLAN YOUR VISIT TO MERIDIAN HALL
- For information on parking, public transportation, and local restaurants please visit the Meridian Hall website
- Flowers and Degree Frames will be available for purchase at the Convocation Ceremonies
- Additional items will be available at Meridian Hall through our Bookstore
GUESTS REQUIRING TEMPORARY RESIDENTS VISA (TRV)
Follow these steps if you want to invite a family member from overseas to convocation:
- Write a Letter of Invitation: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has a guide for you to follow. This is only a guide, you must write the invitation yourself and your letter must be written in English (In some cases, the letter may need to be notarized).
International Students – May request an optional Letter of Enrolment (if currently enrolled) OR Graduation letter (if program completed) from the International Office
Domestic Students – May request an optional Letter of Enrolment through records.georgebrown.ca, or optional graduation letter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if they have graduated.
- Send the letters to your invited person. The person requesting the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), must include the invitation letter with their application to their local visa office.
See more information on how to write the invitation letter at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
See more information for international students at International Graduating Students.