Start Your Future Today!
GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE “BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN $5000 TOWARDS YOUR TUITION” CONTEST RULES
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase required. This contest begins at 12:01 am (ET) October 1, 2021, (“Contest Starting Date”) and closes at 11:59 p.m. August 31, 2022, (“Contest Closing Date”). The period between the Contest Starting Date and the Contest Closing Date is the “Contest Period”. There are two ways to enter: During the Contest Period (A) complete an online lead form at a recruitment event or (B) enter online on georgebrown.ca website (the “Contest Website”), by inserting your name, email address, daytime telephone number and areas of interest and clicking “Submit”. Limit of one (1) entry per person regardless of the method of entry. If you enter more than once, all additional entries will be disqualified. All entries must be submitted no later than the Contest Closing Date. All entries become the property of George Brown College (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned. Incomplete, illegible, late, altered, forged, defaced or garbled entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for entries lost, stolen, delayed, mutilated, or illegible. If an entrant is not of the age of majority at the time of entry, the entrant must have a parent or legal guardian's permission to enter the contest and, if a prize winner, may require his/her parent or legal guardian to act on his/her behalf in regard to completing the Release (see rule 5 below) and in accepting a prize. All references to entrants and winners are deemed to include references to the parent or legal guardian in the event the entrant or winner is under the age of majority.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter this contest, an individual must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and not be an employee of Sponsor or its agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, or any member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled.
- PRIZES: There will be one prize, consisting of a $5000 credit toward tuition at George Brown College. Prize will only be awarded to students enrolled at George Brown College by August 31, 2022. If prize dollars exceed tuition dollars, the excess may be used for supplies at the George Brown College Bookstore. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize or a component of a prize for a prize or a component of a prize of equal or greater value.
- RANDOM DRAW: Random draws from all eligible entries received will be held on September 1, 2022, at approximately 3:00 pm in Toronto, Ontario. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. The selected entrants will be contacted by email or telephone within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within ten (10) business days of the Draw Date, the selected entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email or telephone with a selected entrant for each region or there are no more eligible entries for a region, whichever comes first. Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant.
- SELECTED ENTRANT: In order to win, the selected entrants (and/or the selected entrant's parent or legal guardian, if the selected entrant is not of the age of majority) must: (1) comply with these official contest Rules (the "Rules"); (2), correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question posed on the Declaration, Release & Discharge Form provided by Sponsor (the “Release”) and (3) sign the Release confirming compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Sponsor, its parents and affiliated corporations and advertising and promotional agents and their respective partners, directors, officers, employees and agents (as applicable) from any liability in connection with the prize or this contest. In the event that a selected entrant (and/or the selected entrant's parent or legal guardian, if the selected entrant is not of the age of majority) does not satisfy the requirements to win a prize, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected for that prize and the selection process described above will be repeated until each prize has been awarded or there are no more qualified entrants. Sponsor will contact the winners to discuss the awarding of the prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this contest, entrants (and in the case of entrants under the age of majority, entrants' parents and/or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules. By accepting the prize, a winner (and in the case of a winner under the age of majority, a winner's parent and/or legal guardian) gives his/her permission and consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness and city of residence in any publicity carried out by or on behalf of Sponsor, in connection with the contest without compensation and without limitation. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of Sponsor are final. Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages or claims arising from or caused by the contest or the prizes awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, withdraw or change the terms of this contest at any time, at their sole discretion, without notice and without liability.
- NO LIABILITY: Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate or destroyed entries, and all such entries are void. Sponsor and the independent contest organization will not be liable for any failure of the Contest Website, do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are subject to verification by the independent contest organization. Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents and representatives are not liable for (a) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, fraudulent or illegible entries (all of which entries shall be automatically void and not eligible for a prize); (b) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, busy signals, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient, or (c) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest and breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers". Entry material/data not satisfying the entry requirements or that have been tampered with or altered are void. In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified.
- AMENDING CONTEST: Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, due to any reasons such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries. Neither Sponsor nor the independent Contest organization shall be held responsible for any problems, errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with or resulting from the Contest or a prize including but not limited, to any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of the entrant’s participation in the Contest.