Sarah Dobranowski is a designer and goldsmith living and working in Toronto, Ontario.
Sarah studied Art Education at Concordia University in Montreal (2000-2005), graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts and a teaching certificate. In her final year of university, she was introduced to jewellery making when she enrolled in a wax carving class at the Saidye Bronfman Centre in Montreal.
Sarah entered the one-year George Brown College Jewellery Essentials program in 2006 and after falling in love with making and designing quickly switched to the three-year program, graduating from the Jewellery Arts program in 2009.
After graduating from George Brown, Sarah was honoured to have a four-year residency in the metal studio at Harbourfront Centre in Toronto from 2010-2014. Here she was able to hone her jewellery design skills and develop her business.
Sarah operates her business SarahAnaDesigns out of her studio in the Distillery District in Toronto and participates in shows throughout Ontario.
- Starting a Small Business Certificate -Toronto Business Development Centre 2012
- Jewellery Arts Diploma Program – George Brown College 2009
- Bachelor of Fine Arts and Quebec Teaching Certificate – Concordia University 2005
Areas of Specialization
- Jewellery Design
- Jewellery Projects
Areas of Expertise
- Small business entrepreneurship and management
- Jewellery retail
- Custom Jewellery Design
- Production Jewellery Design
- Canadian Jewellery Industry
- 2010 – present: Owner/Designer/Goldsmith at SarahAnaDesigns
- 2015 – present: Professor, Jewellery Studies, George Brown College
- 2012 – 2018: Goldsmith at Leif Benner Designer/Goldsmith
- 2010 – 2014: Artist-in-Residence at Harbourfront Centre
- 2010 – 2012: Production Designer for Simply Charming® at Sovereign Jewellery Bermuda – Telecommute
- 2006 – 2014: Assistant and Sales Associate at Stonefox Jewellery
- 2014 Viva Voce – speaker - Innovators and Ideas Lecture Series - Harbourfront Centre
- 2014 Show Off – Group Exhibition - Harbourfront Centre
- 2013 Family Album – Group Exhibition - Harbourfront Centre
- 2012 That Way This Way – Group Exhibition - Harbourfront Centre
- 2011 Structured – Group Exhibition - Open Gallery of Art and Arch.
- 2010 Multiples – Group Exhibition - Heidi Lowe Gallery, Rehobooth, Delaware
- 2009 6th Annual National Student Jewellery Competition - LaPai Gallery, Ottawa
- 2009 Ignite: George Brown College Jewellery Arts Grad Show – Bounty Store
- 2009 Secret Identity – OCAD Gallery
- 2008 Formula – Group Exhibition – Zilberschmuck Gallery
- 2009: Valedictorian, Convocation - Centre for Arts and Design and Centre for Construction & Engineering.
- 2009: Dean’s Award of Excellence - Awarded for demonstrating superior academic performance, active involvement in extra-curricular activities and leadership.
- 2009: H. & W. Perrin Award - For excellence in academic performance, achievement in practical work, community involvement and professionalism.
- 2008: Canadian Jeweller’s Association Award Winner - Based on the commitment to the pursuit of goldsmithing excellence.
- 2007: Dean’s Medal recipient- George Brown Jewellery Essentials Certificate Program.