All applicants to the Honours Bachelor of Interpretation (American Sign Language English) (C302) are required to go through a screening of their English and ASL skills. Screening sessions are being held in person on campus.
At your screening session, you will need to provide the following:
- Proof of your OCAS application
- *A letter of reference from a Deaf person. The reference may be in a Word document or an ASL video letter, which can be sent to the program coordinators listed at the bottom of this letter
- Have a set of earbuds or headphones as one of the assessments requires this equipment. *Note: not applicable for Deaf applicants
- A completed program questionnaire regarding your background and your experience learning ASL and your understanding of interpreting. Please download the C302 Applicant Questionnaire here and email your completed questionnaire to both Corene Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rhondda Reynolds (email@example.com)
* The reference letter is preferred but not mandatory for 2023 applications.
Contact: Corene Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rhondda Reynolds at email@example.com.