Early Childhood Management Certificate Program (C914)
- Program Name: Early Childhood Management Certificate
- Code: C914
- Credential: George Brown College Certificate
- Method of Study: Part-time
- Duration: 1 semester
- School: Early Childhood
- Location: George Brown College at Ryerson University
- Starting Months: January, May, September
- Domestic Tuition: Please see the Courses tab for fee details
Compare up to 3 programs
George Brown College's Early Childhood (EC) Management Certificate (Post-Diploma) is a one-semester program designed to prepare supervisors and directors for their roles and responsibilities in childcare centres, family childcare, preschools, nursery schools, family drop-in centres, family literacy programs and early intervention services. This program will also prepare you for management and leadership in the integrated early childhood system that is emerging in Ontario.
George Brown College's Early Childhood (EC) Management Certificate (Post-Diploma) is a one-semester program designed to prepare supervisors and directors for their roles and responsibilities in:
- childcare centres
- family childcare centres
- nursery schools
- family drop-in centres
- family literacy programs
- early intervention services
Key areas of study include:
- Communication skills
- Curriculum design
- Staff supervision and development
- Financial management
- Policy as it relates to the Early Years sector
This part-time program will also prepare you for management and leadership in the integrated early childhood system that is emerging in Ontario.
The EC Management Certificate program includes six courses - five compulsory and one elective.
- Communication Strategies for Managers
- Curriculum Design and Pedagogical Leadership
- Supervision and Staff Development
- Financial Management
- Advocacy and Policy Issues
|ECE 4001||Curriculum Design and Pedagogical Leadership||$264.00||FALL|
|ECE 4002||Working with Boards of Directors||$264.00||FALL|
|COMM 9063||Communication Strategies for Managers||$254.00||WINTER|
|ECE 4003||Advocacy and Policy Issues||$235.00||WINTER|
|MGMT 4002||Supervision and Staff Development||$235.00||SPRING|
|MGMT 4003||Financial Management||$254.00||SPRING|
- Working with Boards of Directors
- Advanced Studies in Inclusive Early Childhood Programs
Career & Postgraduate Study Opportunities
Tuition and Fees
Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice. It should not be viewed as a representation, offer or warranty. Students are responsible for verifying George Brown College fee requirements.
How to Qualify and Apply
Applicants must have one-year full time experience in an early childhood setting and be at least one of the following:
- ECE Diploma program graduate or equivalent,
- Approved by the Ontario Ministry for Children and Youth Services and currently as a director/supervisor in a regulated child care setting OR
- Currently working in an early childhood/family setting that is not a regulated childcare program
PLEASE NOTE: This program is open to domestic students only.
This program is designed for Registered Early Childhood Educators, teachers and supervisors from community-based centres, and Registered Early Childhood Educators and teachers from full day kindergarten programs.
Students will be required to be working directly with children in order to be able to complete the Individual Program Plan assignment.
Phone: 416-415-5000, ext. 2310
Our office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information about George Brown College, you may also call the Contact Centre at 416-415-2000 (TTY 1-877-515-5559) or long distance 1-800-265-2002.
Visit Our Campus
Take our virtual tour to see our state-of-the-art facilities in downtown Toronto.