The Continuing Education ESL courses will be delivered primarily through the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra course management tool, which allows instructors and students to interact face-to-face virtually in real-time. Students interact on Blackboard Collaborate Ultra with their instructors through private messaging, public chats, and emails. The learning experience is administered through interactive engagement via polls, discussion forums, and breakout rooms for peer-to-peer discussions. Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a user-friendly tool. Students will need to have access to a computer with an Internet connection to attend classes but will not need to install any software. The learning experience starts right from a web browser.
Continuing Education ESL remote teaching delivery mode offers:
- Scheduled classes/sessions with your teacher and classmates in Blackboard Collaborate.
- Timely support and guidance from your instructor.
- Ongoing formative assessments to evaluate academic achievement through quizzes, tests, oral reports, presentations, and written assignments.
- Final written and oral exams administered through Blackboard or supplementary educational platforms.
- Online access to language workshops and other academic resources offered by the College through a Tutoring and Learning Centre and a Student Success Team.
- Access to a variety of supplementary web-based language learning resources.
- Discussion boards to enhance writing skills and allow for peer editing.
Our courses help enhance your English language proficiency and build your confidence. The program combines in-depth training in core language skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) at eight levels with a choice of electives to suit students’ individual needs. Electives include test preparation, effective communication, and academic skills. This program is designed for students who wish to improve their English for personal, professional, and academic purposes.
Compulsory Courses (Eight)
- ESL 9000 ESL IA
- ESL 9003 ESL IB
- ESL 9015 ESL IC
- ESL 9028 ESL IIA
- ESL 9065 ESL IIB
- ESL 9066 ESL IIC
- ESL 9067 ESL IIIA
- ESL 9068 ESL IIIB
- ESL 9073 Advanced Grammar and Composition Skills
- ESL 9070 Pronunciation and Fluency
- ESL 9064 Listening and Persuasive Speech
- ESL 9078 Academic Preparation for College/University Studies
- ESL 9069 Advanced Essay Writing
- ESL 9077 IELTS Exam Preparation
- ESL 9080 IELTS – General Training
- ESL 9085 CELPIP – General Test Preparation
- ESL 9090 Successful Conversation
- ESL 9088 Introduction to Business Communication