Services And Supports

  • StudentServicesImage

  • Here are a few of the many services that The International Centre offers our students.

  • Expand All

    Proof of Enrolment Letters

    A proof of enrolment, or certification, letter provides proof that you are a registered George Brown student. A proof of enrolment letter is required for a variety of application processes. Requesting a proof of enrolment letter is simple:

    • Complete your request by visiting
    • Your proof of enrolment letter will be emailed to you within two business days of the International Centre receiving your request form. If you apply prior to the withdrawal deadline, your proof of enrolment letter will be issued to you only after the withdrawal deadline has passed.
    • Please note that the International Centre is only able to release letters for students who have no holds (i.e. financial or academic) and who have submitted a copy of their valid study permit to the International Centre.

    Transcript Request

    George Brown can provide students with official academic transcripts for applications, official documentation or other purposes. Transcript requests must be submitted in writing. Please find more information about requesting a transcript on the George Brown transcript webpage.

    International Student Health Insurance Plan YoutubeAccordionIcon

    Health insurance for international students is managed by the George Brown College Student Association. You can find more information about the International Health Insurance Plan

    For more information on other services and events offered by the Student Association, visit the Student Association website.

    Improving Your English and Getting Academic Assistance

    There are a number of ways to improve your English and/or get help with your studies:

    • Simply getting out and being involved, joining a club, a sports team, and attending events can be a great way to improve your English and make friends. Check the Campus Life webpage to get involved.
    • The Tutoring and Learning Centre (TLC) offers free tutoring services in English, ESL and math.
    • Peer Assisted Learning  offers a collaborative environment for individual, group or team learning.
    • Attend the GBC Language Café to meet other students from around the Casa Loma campus and practice your English in a social way.


    Many students occasionally face difficult challenges, either in school or in their personal lives. George Brown College’s professional counsellors are able to provide free, confidential help for both academic and non-academic issues.

    To book an appointment with a counsellor drop by one of the counselling offices or email

    Career Centre

    The Career Centre offers a variety of services designed to help you achieve your career goals. These include workshops, an online job board and individual consultations with an advisor. You can learn more about these services on the Career Centre webpage.

    Athletics YoutubeAccordionIcon

    George Brown Athletics offers fitness centres, fitness classes as well as George Brown College intramural sports teams.


    Inviting a Relative/Friend To Visit

    A friend or family member may want to visit you during your stay in Canada. In most cases, the friend or relative will be required to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in order to enter Canada. Follow these steps when you want to invite someone to visit:

    • Write a Letter of Invitation: Citizenship and Immigration Canada has a guide  for you to follow. This is only a guide – you must write the invitation yourself and your letter must be written in English. (In some cases the letter may need to be notarized).
    • Request a Proof of Enrolment Letter from George Brown International.
    • Send the letters to your invited person. They must include the letters with their Temporary Resident Visa application to their local visa office