Vision and Mission Statement - Simulation Centre
George Brown College’s vision is to be a college renowned for its inclusion, excellence, relevance, impact, and leadership. The Sally Horsfall Eaton School of Nursing’s Simulation Centre is committed to preparing current and future health care leaders who are highly competent, knowledgeable, and who play an integral role in shaping our health care future. Through the use of simulation, we deliver an innovative and creative educational program that encourages inquiry and promotes the discovery of the lived experience.
The Simulation Centre will lead progress and excellence in post-secondary simulation education.
We are inspired by a commitment to learner achievement through excellence in simulation education. The Simulation Centre will achieve this by:
- Integrating evidence based, best practice simulation standards (i.e., SSH, INACSL)
- Building faculty and staff capacity to optimize the learner experience
- Creating an environment for the learner that supports knowledge integration, clinical judgement, and clinical reasoning in order to enhance practice readiness
Our Plan outlines three (3) key Strategic Directions:
- Strategic Direction: Education - Teaching/Learning Excellence
- Strategic Direction: Discovery and Application (i.e., scholarship as outlined by Boyer, 1990)
- Strategic Direction: Sustainability and Growth