It is with profound sadness that we announce the sudden and unexpected passing of our beloved Melissa Quan on Monday, May 14th, 2018 in Toronto at the age of 39. She was the cherished daughter of Ron Quan and Salvacion Quan (deceased, nee Curammeng) and loving stepdaughter to Myrna (Velasco-Quan). Predeceased by her devoted grandmother Edna Quan. Loving partner of Derek Bartoschek, niece to Elena (Quan-Musto), Sharon (Quan-McGimpsey) and cousin to Amanda, Charles (Musto) and D’Arcy (Quan-McGimpsey) and stepsister to Daniel, Sasha and Emma (Michael). She was loved by relatives and friends who span the globe.
Melissa Quan’s family and friends have donated funds for the establishment of the Melissa Quan Memorial Endowment. This award honours Melissa’s legacy, her fun-loving nature and passion for games.
Full-time domestic and/or international George Brown College students who meet the following criteria are considered:
- Registers in any semester of the following within the School of Design, Centre for Arts, Design and Information Technology:
- Game – Programming (T163)
- Game - Art Program (G119)
- Demonstrates financial need as per the institution’s policies
- Demonstrates community involvement through various means such as volunteering and entrepreneurship
- Preference will be given to students who exhibit a commitment and spirit of dedication to their chosen area of professional study or who have overcome obstacles to obtain their studies
Donations may be made to the Melissa Quan Memorial Scholarship at George Brown College. The cheque should be made payable to the George Brown College Foundation and online donations can be made below. You will receive a tax receipt for your full donation amount. For any questions about the tax receipts or memorial scholarship, please contact the George Brown College Foundation at 416-415-5000 ext. 3083 or email@example.com.