For students who reside in Toronto Region (postal code that starts with letter "M"), please read and follow the instructions below in how to apply for Toronto Police Service Vulnerable Sector Check
- Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the process has changed. You must send an email request to Suzette Martinuzzi, Clinical Pre-placement Coordinator via at email@example.com, with your full name, GBC ID#, program name, semester and term.
- Once you receive your Toronto Police vulnerable sector check application form in your email, you must print it on legal-size paper (8.5 by 14 inches) only. No other format or size will be accepted. Fill out and sign all the sections of the application form, and make sure that your writing is clear and legible.
- You must obtain a bank draft or money order or personal cheque for $20.00 dollars and make it payable to Toronto Police Service. (keep your receipts as your proof of payment.) No other payment method will be accepted.
- You must submit your completed Toronto Police application form, payment and copy of your identification via registered mail directly to this address:
Toronto Police Service
Records Management Services
40 College St, Toronto, ON
- Toronto Police Service will take 4 to 6 weeks to process and receive your new police check record in the mail.
- Please note that Toronto Police Service Headquarters is closed for public and their Expedited Service has been suspended until further notice.
ECE and Trent BScN students who reside in Toronto
- ECE students must contact the academic department directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain their Toronto Police form. Trent University BScN students must send an email to Dianne Diniz, Chair Special Projects by email at email@example.com, to obtain their Toronto Police form.
For students who reside in another region (postal code that starts with letter “K or L or N or P”)
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, you must check your specific regional police service website below and read their instructions carefully to learn about their requirements, processing time and fees for obtaining their police vulnerable sector application form.
- Durham Regional Police Service
- Halton Regional Police Service
- Hamilton Regional Police Service
- London Regional Police Service
- Ontario Provincial Police Service (OPP)
- Niagara Regional Police Service
- Peel Regional Police Service
- South Simcoe Police
- York Regional Police Service
If you need a volunteer letter from the college in order to be eligible for the student fee rate, you must send an email request to Suzette Martinuzzi, Clinical Pre-placement Coordinator via at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name, GBC ID#, program name, semester, term, regional police service name and their complete business address.
Other Canadian Provinces
If you currently reside in any of the Provinces listed below, please contact us first before you apply and pay for police vulnerable check at your specific regional police service.
- Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, New Foundland & Labrador
- Nova Scotia, North West Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Quebec & Yukon