Depending on the type of vaccine exemption you are seeking there are different processes in place to submit exemptions:
- Employees who are seeking an exemption on medical grounds must submit their exemption request through the Verified by Synergy Gateway platform.
- Employees seeking an exemption on religion/creed grounds must complete and submit the college's Religion/Creed Vaccine Exemption Request form.
How To Submit A Medical Exemption Request:
- Log in to the Verified by Synergy Gateway platform using your username and temporary password, and then change your password.
We recommend using the following web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge (Safari is not supported).
- Click on the 'Important Forms' tab.
- Under 'Consent Forms', please download the 'GBC Medical Exemption Form'.
- Once you and your physician have completed the medical exemption form, please upload it to the Verified by Synergy Gateway platform.
- Wait 3-5 business days for a status update. You will receive an email notifying you of the status of your request and the response can be found within the 'Communications' tab within the Verified by Synergy Gateway platform.
How To Submit A Creed/Religious Exemption Request:
Employees seeking an exemption on religion/creed grounds must complete and submit the college's Religion/Creed Vaccine Exemption Request form.
Exemption requests will be determined based on the Ontario Human Rights Code and any other governing regulatory/legislative requirements. Each request will be considered on a case-by-case basis by relevant college stakeholders in Student Success or Human Resources. Members of the college community are encouraged to review information from the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC) relating to the OHRC policy statement on COVID-19 vaccine mandates and proof of vaccine certificates and the OHRC’s FAQs.
When And How Will I Hear Back About My Exemption Request?
Most medical exemption requests are evaluated within approximately 5 business days. You will receive an email notifying you of the status of your request and the response can be found within the 'Communications' tab within the Verified by Synergy Gateway platform.
Most religion/creed requests are evaluated within approximately 10 business days. You will receive an email to your George Brown email address notifying you of the status of your request.
What If I Don't Want To Get Vaccinated And I Don't Qualify For An Exemption?
As with all college policies, procedures and guidelines, employees will be expected to abide by the college’s vaccination policy as part of their conditions of employment. Employees who do not comply and do not have an approved medical or religious/creed accommodation will subject to sanctions, which could include cancellation of contracts, being placed on an unpaid leave and/or disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Who Do I Contact For Technical Support With The Synergy System?
Please visit Synergy Gateway’s online help desk.