How to report a COVID-19 exposure
Students and employees who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, who have tested positive, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 must do the following:
- Self-isolate immediately after symptoms start or after contact with a person who has tested positive.
Required self-isolation periods
- Contact Toronto Public Health at 416-338-7600 or book a test at a COVID-19 testing location.
- Students, contact Counselling & Student Wellbeing at firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees, alert Health, Safety and Wellbeing at HSW@georgebrown.ca.
- Students, notify your instructor(s). Employees, notify your supervisor(s).
COVID-19 health & medical advice
For COVID-19 personal health or medical advice contact Toronto Public Health at (416) 338-7600 and visit toronto.ca/home/covid-19 for more information.
George Brown COVID-19-related resources
Tips from George Brown College counsellors and experts
- 5 ways to reduce stress
- How to cope with self isolation and social distancing
- How to create healthy routines while staying home
- How to manage your time when completing courses at home
- How to balance childcare while working and studying from home
- Tips for students coping with financial stress
STAYING HEALTHY OFF CAMPUS
With the added need for precautions and physical distancing necessitated by COVID-19, many people living with violence at home are left without a place to go. Our COVID-19 Sexual and Domestic Violence information page outlines what you can do.
Government resources and updates
Find resources to help you better understand the symptoms of COVID-19 and what you can do to help curb the spread of the coronavirus. And find information on financial supports being provided by the City of Toronto, the provincial and federal governments.
PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION
Government and public health officials provide daily updates, Monday to Friday, on the status of the COVID-19 response. You can watch and listen to these updates on the CPAC (Cable Public Affairs Channel) YouTube channel.