The Building Information Modeling Management graduate certificate program is designed to provide hands-on training to students to enable them to apply and integrate the principles of Building Information Modeling (BIM) to all aspects of a project from conceptualization to operation. Graduates of this program will be able to deploy BIM applications in any organization involved in the procurement, design, construction and operation of building facilities. Successful students will also be able to deploy BIM technologies and BIM Management processes to all phases of a construction project.
Building Information Modeling Management (BIM) (Postgraduate)
1 year (3 semesters)
Ontario College Graduate Certificate
Year of Study
Select a year to view.
Angelo DelZotto School of Construction Management Programs PDF
Graduates of this program will be able to deploy BIM applications and implement BIM Management processes in any organization involved in the procurement, design, construction and operation of building facilities.
Key features of the program:
- Class sizes are limited to provide increased access to a state-of-the-art BIM lab facility and interaction with course facilitators.
- Classes in Semesters 1 and 2 are scheduled on Thursday afternoon, all day Friday and Saturday to assist students who wish to work part-time or continue to work in their current employment.
- Semester 3 is a field placement that provides you with real-life opportunities to practice the skills learned in Semesters 1 and 2.
Part Time Study Options
Part-time study options are not available for this program.
Program Standards and Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Assess requirements for construction industry Building Information Modeling (BIM) planning and management for Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Formulate strategies for leadership, team-building and personnel management.
- Analyze BIM processes in integrated project delivery from project conceptualization to facilities management.
- Conduct project risk analysis using BIM processes.
- Execute appropriate BIM management techniques to facilitate integrated project delivery.
- Apply team-building skills in an interdisciplinary setting and implement in projects collaborative design and construction solutions.
- Deploy BIM computer platform to create virtual building information models.
- Integrate knowledge of various suites of BIM applications into project design, construction and facilities management.
Visit us on campus
Attending an Info Session (mini-open house) can be a great way to learn more about programs directly from our knowledgeable staff and faculty.
Or consider taking an upcoming campus tour to see our learning facilities, student spaces and much more.
Try our virtual tour to look inside our student spaces, residence, labs & classrooms.
Printable Curriculum Planner 2019-2020
|BIM1000||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Fundamentals|
|BIM1002||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Management|
|BIM1003||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Software Integration|
|BIM1004||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Revit Architecture 1|
|BIM1005||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Revit Architecture 2|
|BIM1006||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Pre-Construction Visualization|
|BIM1010||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Implementation Strategies|
|BIM1011||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Project Planning|
|BIM1012||Building Energy Modeling|
|BIM1013||Building Information Modeling (BIM) Capstone Project|
|BIM1014||Work Term Preparation|
For detailed course outlines click here.
For a list of General Education Electives click here.
Upon graduation, students will be able to practice in various project environments in positions that may include:
- BIM Modeler
- BIM Specialist
- BIM Technologist
- BIM Coordinator
- BIM Construction Officer
- BIM Manager
- Energy Modeller
- 3D Laser Scanner
TRY CAREER COACH
Want to learn more about the average employment rates and salaries for a specific area of study? Visit our Career Coach tool for the latest industry and employment trends.
*Amounts listed are the total of tuition, materials, student service and ancillary fees for the first two semesters of program starting in Fall 2018. Fees are subject to change for programs starting in Fall 2019 and at later dates.
‡May semester fees are paid separately.
International students: Visit the International Fees and Related Costs page for more information.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this online calendar is subject to change without notice. It should not be viewed as a representation, offer or warranty. Students are responsible for verifying George Brown College fee requirements.
Wondering how to pay for college?
Learn about financial aid, OSAP, scholarships, bursaries, work study, and award options.
- Bachelor's Degree or 3-year Diploma in Construction Engineering (Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical) or Architectural Studies.
- Proof of English language proficiency (georgebrown.ca/englishproficiency) required where International transcripts are submitted*
*Please note that Domestic applicants who are submitting International transcripts require a Canadian equivalency evaluation. This can be obtained through ICAS (International Credential Assessment Service) at icascanada.ca or WES (World Education Services) at wes.org/ca
English Language Proficiency
Applicants with international transcripts who do not provide English proficiency test results must test at the College level in the George Brown College English assessment to be considered for admission.
Please visit georgebrown.ca/englishproficiency for more details.
College or University credits may qualify you for course exemptions. Please visit georgebrown.ca/transferguide for more information.
International (Visa) Students
Visit the International Admissions page for more information.
How to Apply
Learn more about the application process for:
If you are a college or university student or graduate, you may be eligible for program transfers or course-to-course transfers. We have transfer agreements with colleges and universities across Canada and internationally.
SUPPORT FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES
With disability documentation you can receive academic accommodations. Contact us for information.
People who viewed this program also viewed:
George Brown College is continually striving to improve its programs and their delivery. The information contained in this calendar is subject to change without notice. It should not be viewed as a representation, offer or warranty. Students are responsible for verifying George Brown College admission, graduation, and fee requirements as well as any requirements of outside institutions, industry associations, or other bodies that may award additional designations concurrently with, or after completion of, a George Brown College program.