Get up to $5000 when you hire a student, recent graduate, or apprentice!
George Brown College students and graduates are ready to show off their skills and help your business excel.
About the drive Ability-Opening Doors Program
Funded by the Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development (MLTSD), the Drive Ability—Opening Doors program provides students, recent graduates and apprentices from various academic disciplines with paid work placements in the automotive and advanced manufacturing sectors.
Work placements can last between 10 weeks and up to four months. Employers are eligible to hire specialists from various programs (HR, Marketing, CNC Machining, Engineering, Computer Programming etc.) This program is applicable to both domestic and international students, graduates and apprentices.
BENEFITS AS AN EMPLOYER
- Up to $5000 per hire
- Students are eager to learn and contribute to the workforce
- Gain fresh ideas and new perspectives
- First pick at potential future employees who are already trained
- Develop a connection with an institution for future endeavours
- $3,000 per eligible and completed work placement by an eligible participant (i.e. student, recent graduate, or apprentice)
- $5,000 per eligible and completed work placement by an eligible participant (i.e. student, recent graduate or apprentice) with one or more disabilities
The following employers are eligible:
- Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the auto sector
- Manufacturers in the automotive supply chain to OEMs
- At least 50% of the company’s total sales revenue must come from the automotive supply sector
- Advanced Manufacturers with a footprint in the auto sector
- At least 30% of the company’s total sales revenue must come from the automotive supply sector
- Advanced manufacturers may include: production activities dependent on ICT (Information and Communications Technology), automation, computation, software, sensing and data transfer networking (Internet of Things) technology developers/suppliers
Students, apprentices and alumni in the following programs are encouraged to reach out:
- Business, HR, Project Management & Accounting
- Social and Digital Marketing, Strategic Relationship Marketing
- Graphic Design, Website Design, UX/UI
- Computer Programming, Business & Data Analysis
- CNC Machining, Precision Machining, Tool & Die
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering & Mechanical Engineering