Alumni are defined as former students who have graduated from a certificate, diploma or degree program at George Brown College.
All alumni receive an alumni card from the college approximately four months after completion of their studies.
To ensure the college has the correct address to deliver the alumni handbook, including the alumni card, recent graduates are encouraged to update their contact information.
While you are waiting for your alumni card to arrive, you may access the Library Learning Commons by using your Student ID / Library Card. Once you receive your alumni card, it will be required as identification. This card can be used by Alumni to update their Student ID / Library Card for Library Learning Commons access.
The Library will issue a generic library card to Alumni who no longer have their student photo ID card.
Alumni Privileges include:
- Access to the Library’s general collections and in-library use of video/DVD collections and reference materials.
- Temporary access (issued upon each library visit) to specified computers and most databases (except where licensing prohibits).
- Borrowing privileges for a maximum of two books (from the general collection) for a two week loan period; a maximum of two renewals are permitted if made in person or over the phone.
- Computer printing and use of photocopiers on a cash basis.
Alumni Privileges exclude:
- Access to A/V materials and laptops
- Use of Group Study Rooms
- Interlibrary loans
- Access to the Library reserves and other special collections including 3 hour, 1 day, 3 day or 7 day loan items
- Off-Campus access to databases
- Wireless access