Alumni are defined as former students who have graduated from a certificate, diploma, or degree program at George Brown College.
Alumni who have graduated after December 2018 can access their digital alumni cards via the George Brown College App using the same User Name and Password that used to access STU-VIEW. The GBC app can be downloaded here.
Alumni who graduated before December 2018 must email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about digital alumni card access, or to update any information.
While you are waiting for your digital alumni card, you may access the Library Learning Commons by using your Student ID / Library Card (the Library will issue a generic library card to Alumni who no longer have their Student ID). Once you receive your digital alumni card, it will be required as identification and can be used to update Student IDs / Library Cards for Library Learning Commons access.
Alumni Privileges include:
- Access to the Library’s general collections and in-library use of video/DVD collections and reference materials
- Temporary access (issued upon each library visit) to specified computers and most databases (except where licensing prohibits)
- Borrowing privileges for a maximum of two books (from the general collection) for a two week loan period; a maximum of two renewals are permitted if made in person or over the phone
- Computer printing and use of photocopiers
Alumni Privileges exclude:
- Access to A/V materials and laptops
- Use of Group Study Rooms
- Interlibrary loans
- Access to the Library reserves and other special collections including 3 hour, 1 day, 3 day or 7 day loan items
- Off-Campus access to databases
- Wireless access