Acceptable use guidelines for electronic resources
Access to George Brown Libraries' is limited to current students, faculty, and staff and must be used for educational purposes.
Usage of the electronic products is monitored by the College, and where incidents are found to be in violation of this agreement, the College will exercise its rights to take appropriate disciplinary action.
It is normally acceptable to:
- search, view, retrieve, and display content for non-commercial personal instructional, or academic research needs
- save, print, or make copies of reasonable amounts or parts of the resources (such as individual journal articles) for non-commercial personal use
- share content with other current George Brown students, faculty, and staff
- post links to specific content in such a way that it is available only to other authorized users (such as via the LMS)
It is normally NOT acceptable to:
- sell or re-distribute content, or provide access to someone outside of the college community, such as employer
- share content with people other than current George Brown students, faculty, and staff
- post actual content or articles to Web sites or listservs, private (e.g., a corporate Intranet) or public
- modify or alter the content of licensed resources in any way
- engage in systematic or substantial printing, copying, or downloading of content (entire journal issues, books, etc.)
March 1, 2023
Director, Academic Services & Learning Resources