BOOKING A Virtual Reality Lab
The LLC is excited to announce the opening of a Virtual Reality (VR) Lab at the Casa Loma Library!
See below for guidelines on booking the the VR Lab, and more details about using the space.
To ensure fair access, please observe the following guidelines:
- Library VR Labs are for use by currently registered GBC students.
- Labs must be booked in advance through the LLC Access page. <-- Book now!
- Lab bookings are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Labs may be booked for a maximum of 3 hours per day.
- Maximum of 6 persons to a VR Lab.
- No double bookings are allowed.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, you will lose your booking.
The Library reserves the right to deny lab access to any individual for misuse or inappropriate behaviour.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties via the online system, please come in person to the Library's Help Desk or phone us at 416-415-5000 x8255.
CASA LOMA VIRTUAL REALITY LAB
The Casa Loma Virtual Reality Lab is located inside of the Casa Loma Library Learning Commons.
When using the Virtual Reality equipment, there are two options:
- Library staff will log you into the LLC desktop Office365 account.
- Alternatively, you may use the LLC Steam VR account if you prefer not to make your own; by accessing the LLC Steam account, you can download free/demo games that will be accessible to all users.
- You may log into your own Steam VR account using your personal credentials.
For academic software, you are required to log into GBC's AppsAnywhere.