The St. James and Casa Loma LLC both provide 3D printing services using 5th generation MakerBot Replicators.
3D printing is available between Monday–Friday, 10am–4pm and costs $3 per hour, which must be paid in advance.
How to print your own object
- Prepare your files in one of the following formats: *.stl, *.obj and *.thing. Your files must be in one of these formats. Your student or staff ID number must be included as part of the file name.
- Save your file on a USB drive.
- Give your USB drive to the staff at the Helpdesk at either St James of Casa Loma LLC.
- Pay for your print job.
- A staff member will export your file and print your object. Only Library staff are able to access the 3D printers.
- You will be notified by email upon completion of your print job.
- Pick up your objects within 7 days. Objects not claimed within 7 days will be destroyed and will not be subject to a refund.
Depending on print demand, print jobs exceeding 4 hours may not be approved. Wait times will vary depending on the length of the queue.
The 3D printer may only be used for lawful purposes. Printing weapons, unsafe or offensive objects, sexually-explicit materials, and objects that violate the intellectual property rights of another person or group is prohibited. The library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request. Only library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printers.