What is the new faculty academy?
The New Faculty Academy (NFA) is a one-year professional development program, and a mandatory requirement, for all newly hired permanent faculty. This programming consists of 4 modules (of workshops, training, and 1-1 sessions):
- Module 1: Orientation.
- Module 2: Pedagogical Foundations.
- Module 3: Coaching, Consultations, Discussion.
- Module 4: Reflection and Action.
Incorporating learner-centred methodology, Universal Design for Learning, and principles of Outcomes-based Education, the NFA supports new faculty to:
- Contribute to a professional network and community of educators.
- Engage in ongoing dialogue and reflection around teaching perspectives and practices.
- Integrate inclusive practices and equity-minded approaches to teaching and learning.
- Analyze curriculum through a critical lens.
- Apply outcomes-based principles to course design, delivery, and assessment of learning.
Apply outcomes-based principles to course design, delivery, and assessment of learning.
Note: HR will notify TLX when there are new hires, and TLX will connect with the new faculty directly.