- a holistic approach for college-wide professional development regarding teaching and learning
- innovation and creativity that encourages continual improvement
- dissemination of innovative practices
At the TLX, we offer both physical and virtual spaces where we can gather to collaborate, share, create and learn together. Efforts are aimed at helping our college community to thrive and grow so we can provide a quality learner experience.
The TLX team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the team will follow up with you within 24 hours.
How can we help you?
The TLX offers a variety of services to support you as a faculty member. Learn more about our services below.
- Coaching and consulting
- Drop-in sessions
- Faculty learning circles
- Certificates (NFA, contract faculty, Teaching, ISW, Bb Blackbelt)
- Peer Tips
- Academic Excellence modules
- LinkedIn Learning
- Teaching in the online environment
- Fostering student engagement
- Managing your class – communication, managing discussion forums
- Assessments – using Bb test tools, Assessment Centre
Developing Online Courses
- How to start the process
- Instructional Design principles
- Apps Anywhere
Meet the TLX Team
Instructional Designers are e-learning specialists who work with faculty and other members of the GBC community to design online and blended learning environments. While they are not technologists, they can help with strategies for transitioning from on-campus teaching to off-campus, including the re-design of lesson plans, fostering engagement and exploring alternative assessment options.
The Faculty Facilitators at TLX are teaching and learning specialists who offer a range of supports to faculty. These include coaching, peer collaborations on special projects, consultations on learner engagement strategies, and exploring effective ways of integrating technology into the classroom. They can assist with strategies for managing classes at this time of disruption, selecting technological tools to sustain learning, identifying ways to engage students at a distance, and all-around moral support.