Mindfulness: Breathing and other simple practices to reduce stress
Mindful Meditation - Awareness of Body & Breath
Putting Thoughts on Trial
7 Ways to be Mindful Every Day
- Practice mindfulness during routine activities like brushing your teeth, taking a shower or eating breakfast.
- Let your mind wander—it’s a good thing! Mindfulness is the act of noticing that your mind has drifted and gently bringing it back.
- Practice mindful activities like yoga and meditation first thing in the morning.
- Keep it short. Being mindful several times a day is more helpful than one lengthy session.
- Practice intentional breathing while you wait for the bus or stand in line at the grocery store.
- Pick a prompt such as drinking your cup of tea, to remind you to breathe.
- Finally, learn to meditate and do so on a regular basis.
- Toronto Public Library: Jon Kabat Zinn audiobooks, print books and CDs
- Free local meditations: Meditation Toronto http://meditationtoronto.com
- Youtube: numerous guided meditations and teachings (e.g. Jason Stephenson, Jon Kabat Zinn)
- On-line articles: Greater Good—The Science of a Meaningful Life
- Daily Thoughts: Jonathan Lockwood Hui(subscribe)