Want to get involved in research at George Brown?
Funding at George Brown
George Brown College holds two competitions annually in order to build research capacity and foster a culture of innovation at the college.
The IGNITE Fund (formerly SEED Funding)
The George Brown College IGNITE Fund (ARF) provides support for GBC employees engaged in original research and innovation activities.
- must be a GBC employee (includes all full- and part-time faculty members, staff and administrators)
- up to $15,000 per project
- contingent on final approval from the applicant’s Chair or manager and the Director of Research & Innovation
Please check the IGNITE homepage for full guidelines, current and past funded projects and upcoming calls for proposals.
George Brown College is eligible for a range of funding programs from provincial and federal agencies and other sources.
Follow these links to agency sites listing funding opportunities and please contact our office so that we can support your proposal.
- The Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- Canadian Council on Learning
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- National Research Council Canada
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), College and Community Innovation (CCI) funding program
- Ontario Centres of Excellence
- Precarn Inc.
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- Ministry of Health and Long- Term Care
Invest in Ontario (Ministry of Economic Development and Growth) also keeps a thorough and up to date list of government funding programs for researchers and entrepreneurs based in Ontario. Find that here: Incentive Programs & Services