How can you prepare for the IELTS test?
You have a few options when it comes to preparing for your IELTS test. We’ve outlined them below:
- You can visit the Road to IELTS website where you can try out the IELTS test for free before registering.
- Once you register for the test, you will get access to 30 hours of online preparation. To access your included online test preparation, visit the Test Taker Portal. (You will need the email address and password you used to register).
Computer-Delivered IELTS Test Preparation
Have you registered or are you interested in registering for a Computer Delivered IELTS test? Visit the British Council's Computer-delivered IELTS Preparation website. On this website, you will have access to the following:
- Practice Tests
- Video Tutorials on the three computer-delivered sections of the test (Listening, Reading & Writing)
- Advice on how to use the 'help' function during the test and how to make notes and highlight text
George Brown College IELTS Preparation Courses
At George Brown, we offer courses to help prepare you for your IELTS test.You can find out more about each of the courses by clicking the links below.
This course provides you with the skills and strategies you need to excel in the IELTS Academic. These include the following:
- Reading and responding to academic texts;
- Comprehending a variety of listening recordings;
- Producing written explanations of flowcharts, tables and graphs;
- Writing short essays on a topic of general interest;
- Giving spoken responses to discussion questions; and
- Employing strategies for approaching and retaining new vocabulary.
Note: George Brown College EAP students must be in level 6 or higher in order to be eligible to take this course. International students or visitors may take this course.
The main purpose of this course is to familiarize students with the structure of the IELTS – General Training Module and equip them with effective skills and strategies needed to undertake the exam with confidence. Students refine their test taking skills through frequent practice tests, including a mock examination, and an on-going feedback from the instructor. IELTS General Training results are accepted for Canadian citizenship and Canadian Permanent Residency.
How to Register for George Brown College IELTS Preparation Courses
Once you have decided on which course(s) you would like to take, you can register at the Student Services Centre located in the basement level of 200 King Street East. You can register in person at the counter, or by completing a Continuing Education Registration Form and putting it in the Drop Box and the Student Services Centre.
For more information, call 416-415-5000 ext. 4831, or email email@example.com.
Note: The course fees for ESL 9077 and ESL 9080 do not include the test fee.
Ready to register?
If you’re ready to register for your test, you can visit our How to Register page to learn about the process.