How can you prepare for the IELTS test?
You have a few options when it comes to preparing for your IELTS test. We’ve outlined them below:
- You can visit the Road to IELTS website where you can try out the IELTS test for free before registering.
- You can visit the British Council’s Preparation Page for free apps, study packs and webinars.
- Once you register for the test, you will get access to 30 hours of online preparation. To access your included online test preparation, visit the Test Taker Portal. (You will need the email address and password you used to register).
Computer-Delivered IELTS Test Preparation
Have you registered or are you interested in registering for a Computer Delivered IELTS test? Visit the British Council's Computer-delivered IELTS Preparation website. On this website, you will have access to the following:
- Practice Tests
- Video Tutorials on the three computer-delivered sections of the test (Listening, Reading & Writing)
- Advice on how to use the 'help' function during the test and how to make notes and highlight text
George Brown College IELTS Preparation Courses
The School of ESL currently offers two different IELTS preparation courses through Continuing Education. Please see the following links for more information about course content:
How to Register for George Brown College IELTS Preparation Courses
Once you have decided on which course(s) you would like to take, you can register at the Student Services Centre located in the basement level of 200 King Street East. You can register in person at the counter, or by completing a Continuing Education Registration Form and putting it in the Drop Box and the Student Services Centre.
In person registration is currently closed. For more information and to register for an IELTS preparation course, please call 416-415-5000 ext. 4831, or email email@example.com.
Note: The course fees for ESL 9077 and ESL 9063 do not include the test fee.
Ready to register?
If you’re ready to register for your test, you can visit our How to Register page to learn about the process.