We are looking for eager students who want to get involved in the George Brown College community through volunteer work by being a part of the Student Leadership Academy.
The Student Leadership Academy is…
- A great opportunity to get involved in your George Brown community and stay engaged in Student Life.
- A chance to network and meet hundreds of students and staff from around the college.
- A way to volunteer for on campus events such as Orientation, Service Fairs, Academic Workshops, and more.
- Your way to getting invited to the Student Leadership Retreat (SLRetreat).
The Student Leadership Retreat is…
An all-expenses* paid, overnight leadership training seminar happening over three days in August 2013.
The SLR has:
- Indoor and Outdoor team building activities including high and low ropes, strengths finder activities.
- Motivational GBC and Cedar Glen facilitators.
- Fun activities, workshops, and much more!
After the successful completion of the Retreat, each Student Leader receives a certificate of completion as graduates of the Academy. There is also an opportunity to become an SLRetreat Leader to lead one of the groups at the next SLRetreat in 2014. This is a perfect opportunity to beef up your resume, get ahead of the pack, and get references from George Brown College.
- We are looking for exceptional George Brown students!
- Must be a current full time student registered in a diploma and/or degree program.
- Demonstrate respect for all individuals & the environment.
- Display a willingness to help others.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Have attended one of our information sessions hosted by the Student Life Team.
- Have volunteered at least 4 Orientation or Student Life Events.
For any further inquiries, please contact Norman Javier at 416.415.5000 ext 5529 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
* All expense includes accommodations, meals & transportation.