Your GBC student card identifies you as a George Brown College student and gives you access to many college services and facilities.
Carry your student card at all times when on campus as it’s required for you to access services and participate in a number of academic activities, which could include attendance in class and writing tests and exams.
Submit your GBC student card photo online
You can avoid lineups by submitting a photo for your GBC student card online.
Tutorial: Submitting your picture online
Using your GBC student card to access facilities and services
Some campus service areas, such as our athletics and fitness facilities and the Library Learning Commons (LLC), require you to submit your student card to use facilities or equipment. Remember to pick up your card when you leave or when you return equipment and ensure the card you’ve received belongs to you.
In some situations, you may be asked to provide additional identification, including one that contains your photo.
Borrowing library items, printing & copying
Your GBC student card functions as your borrower card at the Library Learning Commons (LLC) and is used as a print/copy card at the LLC and other campus locations. To have your student card activated as your borrower card, visit your campus LLC help desk.
Who’s eligible for a George Brown College student card?
- All full-time students registered in post-secondary programs are eligible for the full-time GBC student card.
- All part-time, Continuous Learning Students are eligible for the con-ed GBC student card upon payment of the assessed George Brown College Student photo ID card fee
- Apprentice and other training programs are eligible for the Training Program GBC student card upon payment of the assessed George Brown College student photo ID card fee.
- Students who are in programs at Ryerson University (Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Education Consecutive Degree, Early Childhood Assistant) are eligible for the Ryerson University/George Brown College Photo ID/One Card.
To be eligible, students must be in an "active" status and have no "holds" in your academic records.
GBC student card fee
Most full-time students in the college’s post-secondary programs are charged non-refundable $12 student ID fee as a part of administration fee in the first semester of their program.
Please note: If you are a student registered as part-time in a full-time post-secondary program, you have NOT pre-paid the student ID fee. You will have to pay the applicable student fee at the Photo-ID Centre in order to obtain your student card.
GBC student card pickup and photo centres
Casa Loma Campus Library Learning Commons: 160 Kendal Ave., room C330
St. James Campus:
Photo sessions available at 200 King St. E. only. Card pick-up service hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
200 King St. E.: Library Learning Commons (LLC), lower level, room B137 (basement). After 6 p.m., student card service will be available at the upper-level help desk.
341 King St. E.: Third floor, room 367 (Card pick up only for students who submitted photo online).
Daphne Cockwell Centre for Health Sciences at Waterfront Campus: Library Learning Commons, 51 Dockside Dr., room 618.
Please remember to bring personal identification and proof of registration with you.
Attention: Students in Early Childhood Education (ECE) programs
A GBC/Ryerson student ID card will be issued to George Brown College students taking courses at the Sally Horsfall Eaton Centre at Ryerson. The GBC/Ryerson student ID card will be issued at a special session scheduled for this purpose.