Future International Students
Scotiabank has donated funds for the establishment of the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships. The award is available to students in any program in their first year of study. The Scholarship is awarded as a second semester tuition fee credit to eligible newly admitted students for George Brown College full-time post-secondary programs (diploma, degree, or graduate certificate). Students from Caribbean, China, Central/South America or India are encouraged to apply.
Three Entry Scholarships of $5,000 each will be awarded as a second semester tuition fee credit to eligible newly admitted students for George Brown College full-time post-secondary programs (diploma, degree, or graduate certificate).
To qualify, an applicant must:
- be an international student (required to have a valid Study Permit in Canada)
- be studying in the first semester of a full-time post-secondary program (1 award available for Fall entry; 1 for Winter; 1 for Spring)
- not have previously studied at George Brown College at the post-secondary level
- possess an excellent academic record (“A” average or equivalent)
- have participated/demonstrated leadership in activities that have made a contribution to other students or their educational community in general
- be accepted to and later registered in a full-time George Brown College post-secondary program
Successful recipients must complete at least one semester of study at George Brown College and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA. Scholarship funds will then be credited towards the 2nd semester tuition fees (after the 10 day withdrawal period).
Please apply online for International Centre Scholarships through STU-VIEW and be enrolled full-time in a program as an International Student. Please follow this link: http://stuview.georgebrown.ca/
- 1 award for January entry: January 22nd
- 1 award for May entry: May 31st
- 1 award for September entry: September 30th
How will the award decision be made?
Successful scholarship award recipients will be selected by a committee established by the College. The decision of the committee is final and cannot be appealed. Only successful candidates will be notified by email.
Note: Awards are not sufficient to cover full living/studying costs and they are non-refundable.