Eighteen Scholarships for International ESL Students
Scholarships for eligible returning ESL students as follows:
- Scholarships of $1,000: 6 Awards (August Competition)
- Scholarships of $1,000: 6 Awards (November Competition)
- Scholarships of $1,000: 6 Awards (February Competition)
To qualify an applicant must:
- be a registered full-time international English for Academic Purposes Program student
- have completed at least two consecutive English for Academic Purposes Program levels with a grade A average
- have participated in activities that have made a contribution to other students, their academic department and/or the College community in general
- has not previously been awarded a scholarship through the George Brown College International Centre
Required Supporting Documentation
- A cover letter briefly outlining the contributions you have made to other students, your department/School and/or the College community in general (include the start date/ end date of the activity; name of the organization; number of hours per week; and some specific details about the activity).
- Attach a letter in support of your application from a George Brown College staff member.
- August Competition: September 1st (recipients will be notified by September 30th)
- November Competition: October 31st (recipients will be notified by November 30th)
- February Competition: February 28th (recipients will be notified by March 15th)
How will the award decision be made?
Successful scholarship award recipients will be selected by a committee established by the College; the committee will have representation from academic divisions. The decision of the committee is final and cannot be appealed. Only the recipients of the scholarships will be notified.
If you have any questions, please contact Dorothy Van Grootheest at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-415-5000 x6699.
Please complete the application form.
Back to the 'Scholarships' page