Thank you for your interest in the Fashion Exchange Program at George Brown College. We are excited to be offering this unique program which has been created through a partnership between George Brown College and the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment.
The Fashion Exchange program trains participants to work in either FASHION FIT or POWER SEWING. In Fashion Fit you learn to recognize good clothing fit, fit problems and how to correct them. In Power Sewing you learn to operate sewing equipment and to assemble garments for production.
Candidates for admission will be contacted to attend a mandatory information session and a personal interview with the program admission committee. Successful candidates for program admission will receive official notification from George Brown College after all intake interviews are completed.
For more information email the Fashion Exchange Team
Next session start date: May 2017
Application for the power sewing program will open March 31, 2017
- You must be 30 years and above to qualify
- Must be able to understand and communicate in English
- Commit to 4 months of training
- Must be able to work in Ontario
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate interest and suitability to both training and employment in apparel industry
- Good eyesight (corrected vision is accepted)
- High degree of manual dexterity and fine motor control