Are you the first person in your family to go to college?
First Generation students are the first in their family to attend college, university or an apprenticeship program. If your parents have not completed post-secondary education, then you're the first.
If you’re a First Generation students, you’ll get ongoing support throughout your program, starting as soon as you decide to come to George Brown College. First, you probably have lot of questions. We have lots of answers, supports and services.
What services are available to you as a First Generation student?
- Individual advising sessions with staff who are FG students themselves
- Monthly Gen F newsletter to keep you informed of upcoming events, workshops and academic deadlines
- Assistance in accessing and applying financial support
- Free workshops that address your financial, academic and social needs
- First Generation Student Club is a venue to meet others like you and have fun
- Assistance with accessing other college resources, supports and services
- Career mapping & exploration using an online tool.
Before you start
When you arrive
For more information: