Skip Navigation
Work Permits

this page George Brown on FacebookGeorge Brown Twitter FeedGeorge Brown YouTube channelGeorge 

Brown College Mobile Apps  
Program Comparison (0) About Program Comparison

Program Comparison Help

Decision-making made easy! This tool gives you a breakdown of individual programs offered at George Brown College and how they differ from other programs you’re interested in. Use this tool to select up to 10 programs to compare, helping you make the right choice for the career you want.

1. Under Program Comparison, click Add a New Program

2. Search for one of the programs you’re interested in (either alphabetically, by interest or by job)

3. Click on the title of the program in the menu

4. Click Add to Comparison

5. Continue searching for programs using steps 2-4

6. When you’re done, clicking Program Comparison will give you a preview of the programs and the option to delete, add or clear all

7. Open Program Compare for more details and an easy-to-read comparison of the programs you’ve selected

Change text size: A A A

Work Permits

Please note that George Brown College staff are not authorized to provide advice or guidance on immigration-related matters. Students are solely responsible for ensuring that they are in compliance with all Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) regulations at all times during their studies and while in Canada, including any medical or study and work permit-related requirements.  Applicants and students of George Brown College are recommended to consult the CIC website at Open New Browser Window or consult the CIC Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 to confirm or clarify immigration-related information and requirements.

As a full-time international student with a valid Study Permit and social insurance card you are able to work in Canada during your studies. You may also be able to work after you graduate.



International students working in Canada must obtain a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada. Service Canada SIN Requirements:

  • Certification Letter from George Brown International
  • Valid Work Permit (for off campus work)
  • Valid Study Permit
  • Valid Passport

Service Canada Centres:

City Hall, Floor 1
100 Queen Street West
Toronto, Ontario
Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:15pm
Click here to see a map


25 St. Clair Avenue East
Toronto, Ontario     
Located one block east of Yonge St., near the St Clair subway station on the Yonge line.
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:00pm
Tel.: 416 973 6915