The staff, faculty and administration of George Brown College are united by a set of shared values and objectives. Outlined below, these vision and mission statements help guide George Brown College as we grow and change to meet the needs of students and employers.
The Path to Leadership
Inspired by a commitment to achievement through excellence in teaching, applied learning and innovation:
- We will set the benchmark to which all colleges will aspire, and be recognized as a key resource in shaping the future of Toronto as a leading global city.
- We will build a seamless bridge between learners and employment as we develop dynamic programs, and workplace-ready graduates who will be the candidates of choice for employers.
- We will create a community of life-long learners, grounded in the principles of access, diversity, mutual respect and accountability.
We foster an environment of reciprocal dialogue to ensure learning, solve problems and strengthen the George Brown community.
We commit ourselves to delivering a ‘George Brown standard’ of quality and superior performance.
We hold ourselves responsible to ensure the future sustainability of George Brown, academically and fiscally.
DIVERSITY AND RESPECT
We show mutual respect for each other within the community of George Brown including all of our stakeholders, in all of our behaviour.
Developed as a result of considerable research into the GTA’s economy, Strategy 2020 outlines our key priorities until the year 2020. The areas of focus listed below guide the work of all George Brown College employees, helping us create more dynamic, accessible and relevant courses and services for students and employers.
- Preparing Diverse Learners for Success
- Building a Sustainable Financial & Business Model
- Investing in High-Performing Partnerships
- Leveraging State-of-the-Art Technology
- Enabling the Innovation Economy
- Building a High-Performing Organization