Program Comparison Help

Decision-making made easy! This tool gives you a breakdown of individual programs offered at George Brown College and how they differ from other programs you’re interested in. Use this tool to select up to 10 programs to compare, helping you make the right choice for the career you want.

1. Under Program Comparison, click Add a New Program

2. Search for one of the programs you’re interested in (either alphabetically, by interest or by job)

3. Click on the title of the program in the menu

4. Click Add to Comparison

5. Continue searching for programs using steps 2-4

6. When you’re done, clicking Program Comparison will give you a preview of the programs and the option to delete, add or clear all

7. Open Program Compare for more details and an easy-to-read comparison of the programs you’ve selected


Financial Assistance


Financial Assistance

OSAP - Ontario Student Assistance Program

OSAP consists of several plans that provide assistance based on your calculated financial need. They supplement, but do not replace, the financial resources that you should have available to meet the cost of your education.

  1. Am I eligible for OSAP?
  2. How do I apply for OSAP?
  3. I am a returning OSAP student
  4. How do I check the status of my application?
  5. When will I receive my OSAP?
  6. Is there anything I need to do to receive my second OSAP instalment?
  7. I haven’t applied to OSAP yet. What should I do?  
  8. Is there a deadline for applying?
  9. If I forget my PIN number for OSAP, how can I get a new one?
  10. Do I need to notify if there are any changes to my status?
  11. Is my OSAP assessment final?
  12. I have a financial crisis, who can I contact for assistance?
  13. Renewal requirements for the Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship

Am I eligible for OSAP?

  • You must be a Canadian citizen, protected person or permanent resident of Canada.
  • You must be an Ontario resident (living in Ontario for at least 12 months immediately prior to your study period).
  • You must be registered in full-time studies taking at least 60% course load; 40% for students with a permanent disability.
  • You must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
  • You previous OSAP student loans must be in good standing.

To find out if you are eligible for OSAP and to get an estimate of the amount of financial aid you could expect to receive, please click on this link:  

Please note, the estimate may not necessarily reflect the actual amount that you might be eligible for. Your actual amount will be based on the application that you submit to the Ministry.

How do I apply for OSAP? Applications can be done on the web at You can also apply on a booklet application that becomes available in late spring of each year. The recommended method to applying for OSAP is through online.

Submit Consents, Declarations, and Signature Forms with photocopies of the applicable supporting documents to the Financial Assistance Office at your campus. You must take your signed Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) along with your government-issued photo ID, Social Insurance Card or Proof of SIN, and Direct Deposit information to a designated postal office ( 

Returning OSAP students: Students who have completed at least one year of a program and are continuing in the next year of the same program are able to apply online in early March of each year. Provided that you have not changed your marital status or college, this is the easiest way to apply. Submit your completed booklet application directly to the Financial Assistance Office. Renewal applications are done on the web.

How do I check the status of my application? Your online application will take approximately 3-4 weeks. You can check the status of your OSAP assessment online on the OSAP website. Alternatively, you can check through the automated voice response system at 1-866-330-3331.

When will I receive my OSAP? Your OSAP funding will be released once all your documents have been submitted, your MSFAA has been processed, and the Financial Assistance Office confirms your enrolment at the beginning of the study period. George Brown College recommends that you allow OSAP to submit fees directly to the school on your behalf. If you elect to have the funds electronically transferred directly to your bank account, you will be responsible for paying your tuition and fees.

The Ministry will release your funds in two installments once the college confirms your enrolment.  If you are a full time student, you will receive 60% of your funding in September and the remaining 40% in January. To find out more information on how it is granted and when, please log in and check your status on the OSAP website.
If you choose the option to have OSAP pay fees, then some of your OSAP funding will be sent directly to the college for fee payment.  You must sign the MSFAA and supply the documents necessary at a participating post office before the electronic funds can be transferred.

What should I do to receive my second OSAP instalment? Prior to start of your second semester, you will be required to complete and submit the Confirmation of Student Income forms in order for your second instalment to be disbursed. The Ministry will send instructions on how and when you can confirm a month before your second instalment is scheduled to be released. You can confirm your income online when the webpage becomes available. The Ministry will mail out the personalized Confirmation of Student Income form if you applied for OSAP on paper. Your institution will also be required to confirm your enrolment for the second semester. Therefore, it is imperative that you register for the Winter courses on time. 

I haven’t applied to OSAP Yet. What should I do?  Apply as soon as possible. Applying online produces the fastest response. You can also download and print the paper application from the above website, complete it and bring it to the Financial Assistance Office. If you do not have Internet access from home, you may use the Open Access Computer Labs at any campus to apply online.

Is there a deadline for applying? To receive a full year's OSAP assessment, you must apply during the first 45 days of the college year. After that, you get a pro-rated amount. This means that you receive funding for only the time left in the school year. You cannot receive funding if you apply after 90 days before the end of the school year.

If I forget my PIN number for OSAP, how can I get a new one? Bring your government issued photo ID and SIN card to the Financial Assistance Office in person, and we will reset your PIN number.

Do I need to notify if there are any changes to my status? Yes, you must inform the Financial Assistance Office at your campus about any changes to your situation (changing program, marital status, income, course load, etc.). Failure to notifying the changes can affect your eligibility of the loan in the future.

Is my OSAP assessment final? Changes can be made to your OSAP assessment. Consult with Financial Assistance if you wish to discuss a review of your situation.

I have a financial crisis, who can I contact for assistance? If you have any questions or need assistance we recommend that you email You can contact the St. James, Waterfront or Casa Loma Financial Assistance Office at (416) 415-5000 (ext. 2476), or Ryerson at (416) 415-5000 (ext. 2960).

You can also visit the Financial Assistance Office in person between 8:30-4:30 (Monday to Friday). Drop-ins are first come, first served - no appointments necessary.

Renewal requirements for the Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship: Please note, the Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship has been discontinued at the beginning of 2012-2013. However, current holders of this award would be able to renew this award based on their academic progress. In order to maintain this scholarship from year to year at George Brown College, students are required to achieve an “A” average. Because we use two grading methods at GBC, the requirement for students who are in a diploma or certificate program that uses the Grade Point Average is that you maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5.

We cannot renew your scholarship if you do not meet this minimum requirement. A GPA of 3.49 does not meet the threshold for renewal. If you are in one of the Degree programs that compile grades as percentages, the minimum percentage is 79.5%. An average of 79.49% does not meet the requirement.

**Important Notes:  

Funding will only be released after the start of your study period.

You must submit a new OSAP application for each new academic year.

As MSFAA is a multi-year agreement, you will not be required to resubmit it for your next study period (unless, for example, you take a two year break).

For more information, please visit the OSAP website:

Financial Assistance Office:

Email: (We recommend that you use your GBC email so that we can verify your identity)

Telephone: 416-415-5000 Ext. 2476

In person:
Please note that the last ticket to visit Financial Assistance Office will be issued or transferred at 4:30 pm (or earlier during peak times)

St. James Campus:
200 King St. E., Student Service Centre

Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Casa Loma Campus:
Location: 160 Kendal Ave., in the Student Service Centre

Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Waterfront Campus:
Location: Daphne Centre for Health Sciences, 51 Dockside Dr., Student Service Centre

Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm

Ryerson Campus:
99 Gerard St. E., Room 597 - The Sally Horsfall Eaton Centre

Hours: Thursdays only 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.