Imagine going to school every day and actually doing the job you will be doing after graduation. As a student in George Brown’s School of Early Childhood you will be exposed to the realities of working in a real-world child care centre including placements across Toronto and within one of the eight George Brown-managed child care centres, or “lab schools”. Run by trained early childhood professionals, and relied upon by hundreds of families in Toronto, these lab schools are all about learning -by -doing. One of your field placements will be at a lab school below:
- Casa Loma Child care Centre
- Esther Exton Child care Centre
- Fashion District Ryerson Child care
- Queen Street Child care Centre
- Richmond Adelaide Child care Centre
- Rose Avenue Child care Centre
- Scotia Plaza Child care Centre
- University of Toronto, Child care "on Charles"
- Over 100 community partnerships
Along with lab schools, George Brown has partnerships with over 100 community agencies. This gives you broad opportunities for additional field placements such as:
- Licensed community-based child care programs
- Employer-based child care programs
- Programs for children with special needs
- Family resource programs
The choice is up to you but one thing is for sure: George Brown’s early childhood education training will give you a distinct advantage in a wide variety of careers related to educating children.