Training the next generation of health care professionals
George Brown College’s Centre for Health Sciences programs, faculty and facilities reflect the trends and changes taking place in the industry. Our students enter their field with the most current training and the ability to work with other professionals to deliver high-quality care.
We embrace a collaborative approach to health care training so our students are comfortable and confident in working with colleagues from various disciplines to treat patients and clients. This guiding principal mirrors the shift to interprofessional collaboration in Canada’s health care system.
How George Brown Health Sciences students learn by doing:
- Students provide services to the public, including dental care, personal training and hearing tests at our WAVE (Wellness, Applied Research and Visionary Education) Clinics.
- Our Simulation Centre mimics a variety of acute hospital and long-term care settings, including the Health eHome. Students hone skills on high and low-fidelity mannequins programmed with various responses.
- The design of our state-of-the-art Waterfront Campus in downtown Toronto emphasizes team-based education, promoting collaboration between students in various programs.
For more details about what you can expect from a career in Health Sciences, try Career Coach.
Study at Waterfront Campus
This beautiful facility, built specifically for Health Sciences students, overlooks the Toronto harbour. It features:
- State-of-the-art labs and technology similar to those you’ll experience in the workforce.
- Informal study spaces, including a rooftop terrace.
- A downtown location accessible by public transit (TTC buses #6 and #75 stop in front of the campus), with Lake Ontario to the south and Sherbourne Common to the east.
Book a campus tour, or, take a virtual tour of our labs.