JOIN CANADA’S MOST CELEBRATED HOSPITALITY AND CULINARY SCHOOL
Help lead a new direction in the Culinary & Hospitality sector.
The table is set for recovery and our innovative programs can get you there.
When the world opens up again, people are going to be excited to experience all that the hospitality and tourism industry has to offer. And who better to craft these experiences than the graduates of Canada’s most celebrated hospitality and culinary school. Check out our programs to see how you can get started!
The future of Culinary & Hospitality
Source: Foodism Magazine
Date: April 20, 2021
We’d love to believe that the only thing that matters in Toronto’s food scene is where to get the best slice of za or how to perfect a manhattan cocktail. But the fact of the matter is that our culinary culture is inextricably tied to some of the most challenging issues of our time. With direct links to climate change, health and food inequity, food has the power to create meaningful change — or accelerate the world’s most pressing problems.
Source: Foodism Magazine
Date: June 15, 2021
We've all got a hankering to get back to travel, whether it's to local destinations within driving distance or jet-setting off to a faraway land (remember that?). But either way, you can bet that when we do travel, it'll be all about the food. Like Batman and Robin or PB&J, travel and food go hand-in-hand.
Source: FoodGrads Podcast Ep 22
Date: May 31, 2021
On this week’s podcast, Professors Lori Stahlbrand and Caitlin Scott of George Brown College in Toronto, Ontario were interviewed. They introduced the college’s new Honours Bachelor of Food Studies degree which combines culinary arts and a comprehensive food studies curriculum. It is the first of its kind in Canada and is meant to bring a new focus on justice and equity, sustainability and health, and a new awareness of how these societal issues can be analyzed and resolved.
Why choose the Centre for Hospitality & Culinary Arts?
- Our programs are developed in consultation with industry, to ensure that you receive the essential skills required to succeed in today’s workplace.
- Our learning facilities are state-of-the-art and include a fully-functioning high-end restaurant, The Chefs' House, as well as specialty cooking, bar and wine labs.
- We offer several programs that are the first of their kind in Canada including our Food Studies and Culinary Management degree programs.
- Whether in the classroom, site visits or through work-integrated learning opportunities, you will get to learn from in-demand culinary and hospitality experts.
- We offer a common first-year curriculum within our School of Hospitality & Tourism Management to give students more flexibility in their academic pathways.