The community spaces at The George student residence are a real source of pride for the college. We think they are some of the best residence lounge and common spaces around.
- Study, relax and have fun: Each floor features an area for studying, leisure, and recreational play. Our large, 2nd floor community space features a games lounge, community kitchen, leisure space, and BBQ patio, which serves as the main social hub. The views are magnificent and the spaces are sure to impress.
- Kitchens/Fitness/Laundry: Common kitchens with full stoves, cooktops, and dining areas are never more than a floor away. In addition, the fitness room ensures you can work out with an amazing view of Toronto without leaving the building. Doing
laundry in residence is easy; we have excellent laundry facilities right on site.
- Community Office: Our community office is located right in the lobby, for students to stop by and connect with the Residence Life Team.
- Large special events: The building is equipped with a grand conference room, complete with the latest technology and modern décor.
- The Cherry Street YMCA featuring a running track, two gyms, a pool, and community garden is connected to the building and offers affordable student rates.
- The Distillery District is right across the street and along with hosting a variety of festivals, is home to historic pubs, restaurants and shops.
- Union Station, the Air Canada Centre, and Rogers Centre are all within walking distance or a short streetcar ride, and there is an endless list of entertainment options nearby.
- The George is connected to a café, and the walkable neighbourhood includes a grocery store, drug store, walk-in clinic and many other amenities.
- Corktown Commons (green space, splash pad, barbecue, conservation area, trails)
- David Crombie Park (outdoor basketball courts, green space, baseball diamond, and a playground)