Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic achievement, including the required courses, and any other selection criteria outlined below.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent**
- Grade 12 English (C or U) - English with a grade of 70% or higher.
- Grade 11 Math (M or U) or Grade 12 (C or U) - Mathematics with a grade of 70% or higher.
- Grade 11 Biology (C or U) or Grade 12 (U) - Biology with a grade of 70% or higher.
- Grade 11 Chemistry (U) or Grade 12 (C or U) - Chemistry with a grade of 70% or higher.
- Interview by invitation only: This is a competitive program and only the most qualified applicants will be invited to complete an online, recorded interview to assess specific competencies related to the field of Nursing.^
** Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and no OSSD)
Mature Students may take the Admissions Assessment for English, Math or Science, OR may consider upgrading to achieve the credit(s) needed in English, Math or Science.
Applicants with existing post-secondary nursing education from Canadian or international educational institutions are required to submit all transcripts.
Transfer credit and course exemptions for credits taken at other institutions related to the field of nursing is restricted in this program, and will be decided upon on a case-by-case basis by the School of Nursing. Applications for Advanced Standing are not available for this program.
^ Details on the interview will be provided to qualified applicants during the application process. Applicants may take the interview only once per academic cycle, regardless of the results of the interview (i.e. only one interview valid for the Fall, Winter and Spring start dates).
^ Qualified applicants from the A109 Pre-Health Sciences program articulation with S121 Practical Nursing will be invited to complete the online video interview.
Please note: The grade(s) required in the subject prerequisites will be subject to competition. Only the most qualified applicants will be offered an opportunity to interview. Only the top ranked applicants will be offered a seat in the program.
Only applications to the first semester of the Practical Nursing program will be considered.
IMPORTANT: Course Delivery Format
This program is delivered in a 2-1-2 format. You will progress through the program with two consecutive semesters, one semester as a break, and then the final two consecutive semesters. This delivery format will apply regardless of the term that you start the program.
College or university credits may qualify you for course exemptions. Please visit georgebrown.ca/transferguide for more information.