HSPnet Access for PN, PSW and RPN Bridge Semester 2, 3 & 4 students in Winter Term 2020
- Your HSPnet account will be activated and open for Site Selector from Nov. 25-26, 2019. It is mandatory that you review, print and follow all of the instructions and deadlines on the HSPnet Site-selector presentation on your Blackboard account at 2020HSPnet site selector - Blackboard.pptx
- As of November 30, 2019, your HSPnet account will be closed and you will not receive access until they confirmed your placement by mid Dec 2019.
- You are eligible to access it as long you registered for this program and have an upcoming Paramed appointment and final clearance by December 6, 2019.
- If you are not clear by Paramed after December 9, 2019, you will be mark as late and will not receive confirmed placement on your HSPnet account and will be excluded from clinical which can lead to program withdrawal for next semester.
- Once the Nursing Placement Office confirmed your placement by mid Dec 2019, it is final and you are not allowed to change it and cannot request timetable changes.
- Please always check your GBC email and Blackboard accounts. If you have any questions about your HSPnet account and access only, please contact Ivy Jiang, Placement Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you have any questions about your Renewal Health Form, police check and ParaMed clearance only, please contact Suzette Martinuzzi, Coordinator email@example.com
Attention: S121 PN, C112 PSW & S122 Bridge Returning Semester 2 or 3 or 4 Students in Winter Term 2020
This is to inform you that we sent the Renewal Health Form package to your home address in August 2019 to help you prepare and process your Step 1-TB Skin Test (renew every year), Police vulnerable sector
(renew every six months) and BLS/CPR level HCP certificate (renew every year) as it needs to be valid prior to Winter Term Semester starting on January 6, 2020 until April 17, 2020.
To determine the expiry dates of your Health Form requirements, please always check your old first year Requisite Health Form or log-on to your ParaMed account online at www.georgebrownhealth.ca
If you currently reside in Toronto region with a postal code that starts with letter "M", you must submit to us your Toronto Police form and money order/bank draft payment of $20.00 dollars by September 20, 2019. Once
we received it, we will send it to Toronto Police on your behalf and they will process your police check record within 4 to 6 weeks. For more information, visit https://www.georgebrown.ca/preplacement/record_check/
If you currently reside in another region such as Durham, Halton, Hamilton, OPP, Peel, South Simcoe and York region, please apply directly at your specific regional police service. If you need a volunteer letter to pay for the student
rate and for information, please visit https://www.georgebrown.ca/preplacement/record_check/
Once you have everything done and completed, you must book and submit it to ParaMed by the given deadline on November 15, 2019. If you have not received the Renewal Health
Form package after two weeks, you may download the Renewal Health Form online at https://www.georgebrown.ca/preplacement/nursing/.
If you fail to meet and submit your Renewal Health Form documents to ParaMed by the given deadline on November 15, 2019, you will not be able to access your HSPNet account for confirmed placement in December 2019 and
you will be excluded and withdrawn from the program. Should you have any questions, please contact us directly.