Hepatitis B vaccine shortage in Ontario
Our office is well aware of the current shortage of Hepatitis B and Twinrix vaccinations since last year. Due to this, it creates a long delay for our new and returning students to complete their Health Form requirements. Please note that you will
only have to pay for the Hepatitis B booster shot if your lab blood test result was Non-immunity/Non-reactive/negative. If you cannot find any Hep B/Twinrix vaccines either from your family doctor or Walk in Clinic or pharmacy at this time, please
ask your physician/doctor to provide us a medical note regarding this shortage and you are safe to attend clinical/field practice. (posted on June 18, 2019).
- Download, read and follow the instructions carefully on your program specific pre-placement health form.
- If you are an International Student, you are required to complete your program health form requirements and Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC) Work Permit.
- Book an appointment with your doctor/physician and start with the medical requirements.
- Once all the listed requirements are done and completed, you must create an account and book an appointment with ParaMed Requisite online and submit your health form documents at
your scheduled appointment.
- Students should not come or book an appointment with ParaMed Requisite Office with no health forms completed by their doctor/physician. Otherwise, you will be charged an initial visit
- Student will pay for their initial visit fee at their scheduled appointment with ParaMed Requisite Office.
- If you fail to complete all the listed requirements by your program specific deadline below, you will be excluded from clinical/field placement and cannot continue on for next semester.
(S135) Office Administration-Health Services Second Year
C139-Health Information Management program