Our top tips to help you work well:
1. Make the most of your unique strengths
Everyone has natural strengths. Think about a time when you did something that:
- Made you feel energized and strong.
- Came to you naturally.
- Someone else said you did well.
You can learn to identify your and make the most of your unique strengths.
Download one of our PDFs to get started:
2. Lay the groundwork for team success
Effective teamwork doesn’t just happen by itself—you need to make it happen!
Create a high-performing team by:
- Making sure that everyone agrees about what the team is doing
- Finding out what the team needs—and the roles each person will play
- Setting ground rules about how you will work together
- Finding out when everyone is available to meet
- Developing a project activity plan and establish deadlines
- Keeping tabs on how you’re doing
Consider using a team contract to help your team to stay on track. Download one of our PDFs to get started:
3. Know how to deliver a powerful presentation:
Practice makes perfect. Remember to:
- Have a clear goal.
- Organize your material.
- Keep the message simple and clear.
- Engage your audience.
- Know your material—don’t read from your notes.
- Use multimedia effectively.
- Practice before you ‘go live’.
Download our tips on Giving Powerful Presentations
Consider attending a ‘Make your presentations rock’ workshop at your Peerconnect Centre.