Tax season tips for students

It's that special time of year – tax season.

If you're filing a tax return for the first time, or if you have questions about the process, you'll find services and resources below that can help.

What is a T2202A form and how do I get it?

T2202A is your tuition, education and textbook amounts certificate.

You can get your T2202A certificate on STU-VIEW Open New Browser Window. Visit for instructions on how to find it.

Who can help me file my tax return?

On campus

The Student Association (SA) hosts free income tax clinics every year in March. You can book an appointment at Open New Browser Window. UPDATE: The 2019 clinics happening March 11 - 22 are now fully booked.


Community organizations host free tax preparation clinics during tax season. Find out if you’re eligible and find a clinic near you at Open New Browser Window.

Free filing service for students

The Canadian Federation of Students-Ontario offers year-round free tax filing services through Find out more on the CFS website Open New Browser Window.

Tax benefits and credits for students

See a list of the top tax benefits, credits and deductions available to students at Open New Browser Window.

Still have questions? Check out this CRA video series Canadian Students and Income Tax Open New Browser Window.