The lead-up to the end of the term can be a stressful time with final assignments and exams.
Here are a few tips and services that can help make this busy period a little less stressful:
Find a good spot to study
If you're going over notes with classmates, book a group study room at your campus Library Learning Commons (LLC).
And for the night owls, the LLC at St. James Campus, building A (200 King St. E.) is providing 24-hour access to the lower-level April 8 – 17.
Get the most out of your study time
If your current study methods aren't working for you, stop by your campus Peerconnect Centre. You can attend a workshop or a peer coach can provide one-on-one support with study strategies, time management and presentation
And if you need extra help with English and/or math, contact your campus Tutoring & Learning Centre (TLC). Your campus TLC provides a wide range of services, including one-on-one sessions, group sessions, course-specific study
sessions, and more.
Free digital services
Connect & clarify
- If there are any points from your course that you're unsure of, be sure to contact your instructor and ask for clarification. It's also a good idea to connect with peers in your program. You can learn faster when you’re reviewing notes with fellow
- If you need academic or personal support, book an appointment with a college counsellor. It's free and confidential.
Master time management
At this point in the year, time management is critical. Consider organizing and breaking down school work and studying into chunks so it is manageable.
- Sit down with a calendar and write out what you need to do and mark your deadline.
- Visit your campus Peerconnect Centre and chat with a peer coach, or register for a time management workshop. You can find workshop schedules on Peerconnect's Facebook page .
- Sign into Lynda.com and search "time management fundamentals." This is a great lesson on how to make the most of your time.
Take time to relax
Take several relaxation breaks each day. Stop what you're doing and stretch, have a healthy snack, watch a funny video or talk to a friend - anything that will help you get re-energized and continue your day effectively.
Sign up for workshops on stress-reduction, including sessions on meditation, stretching and relaxation techniques, at your campus Peerconnect Centre.
Don't give up!
The term is almost over. Give the end of the semester everything you have. Trust us, it will be worth it!