If you’re a student struggling with personal or academic issues and you’re having a hard time visiting Counselling Services, we have a new option for you.
In January 2020 we launched Bean Bag Chat—it’s a free app that connects you directly and anonymously to a George Brown College counsellor.
How do I use Bean Bag Chat?
- Download the Bean Bag Chat app
- Register using your George Brown College email
- Log in to the app using your email and the password you created on the app
- Check the Chat Schedule for hours of operation
- Chat with a George Brown College counsellor
Who can use Bean Bag Chat?
Full-time students at George Brown College can use the app. If you’ve never been to counselling, and don’t feel comfortable visiting Counselling Services in person, or if you have accessibility or scheduling concerns, the Bean Bag Chat app can be a good option.
What if I’m in crisis?
If you’re in a crisis situation you have the following options:
- Accessing in-person same-day counselling appointments available at your campus
- Contacting the 24/7 anonymous and confidential support from Good 2 Talk at 1-866-925-5454.
- Connecting with security on campus—they are trained in assisting in crises and connecting with emergency services
You are not alone. If you’re struggling with academic stressors, relationship or family concerns, adjusting as a newcomer, experiencing trauma or violence, mental health or substance use issues there is support available to you on campus.