The Library Learning Commons’ open access computers are reserved for independent learning, academic research, projects and assignments by currently registered students.
- All computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- All computers are password protected. Students must sign on using their George Brown student number and password.
- Library Learning Commons staff can assist with printing, locating, and accessing applications, tutorials and on-line help, but do not tutor or teach software applications.
- The library reserves the right to prioritize use of computer workstations for academic purposes at all times. Users engaged in non-academic activity may be asked to give up their workstation to another user needing it for academic use during peak periods (10am-4pm, Monday to Friday).
Users are responsible for the following:
- Complying with the Student Acceptable Use of Technology Policy.
- Complying with all Library Learning Commons policies as set out in the George Brown College Academic Policies and Guidelines.
- Following copyright and other laws including understanding and complying with software and licenses governing access to software and online resources.
- Saving work frequently and making back up files on their own portable drive. It is not advisable to save work files on the computer’s hard drive.
- Previewing each document before printing. The Library Learning Commons will not refund credits for any misprinting caused by human error.
- Being watchful of all personal items and not leaving personal items unattended anytime. Please note that George Brown College is not responsible for stolen, lost or misplaced items left unattended in the LLC.
- Logging out from the computer when finished using it.
The following activities are not allowed:
- Installation of personal software
- Interference with the setup, configuration or software of any computer.
- Disconnecting any cable attached to the computer.