“Come and learn about your heritage, whether you’ve been involved in your community or would like to learn more about your culture.”
Indigenous students at George Brown College are invited to self-identify so they can access our services. Whether you’re a member of a First Nations, Métis or Inuit community (status or non-status) or are exploring your cultural heritage for the first time, you’re welcome to join us.
Self-identification is voluntary, easy and confidential. To self-identify, fill out this form online (coming soon) or visit one of our two locations in person.
Benefits of joining Indigenous community:
- information on student events and community updates
- access to job postings and employment opportunities
- assistance with applying for scholarships, bursaries and awards
- cultural workshops and teachings
- connection with a Knowledge & Wisdom Keeper
“I’ve been using the services since I got to George Brown College and the team is really helpful. Ed and Bob have been super helpful this whole year, assisting with sponsorships and bursaries and just any other questions I have.”
First year George Brown College student, Fashion Management program